Jump To Navigation
Don't see what you're looking for? Search our site:

Individual Attention & Experienced Advice

Post-Judgment Modifications and Enforcement


Post-judgment, certain areas of the judgment can be modified if there has been a significant change in circumstances. These include child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support (alimony). When deciding child custody and visitation modification requests, the court must still focus on what custody/visitation arrangement is in the children's best interests. Such issues as potential relocation, an older child's desire to spend more time with the non-custodial parent, or that a parent is no longer meeting the needs of the children, may all be sufficient changes in circumstances to give rise to a modification of a judgment. Spousal support as provided by a judgment can also be modified if either party has a significant change in income or expenses.


Frequently, one of the parties to a divorce fails to comply with the terms of the judgment of dissolution. The party who is faced with this problem can ask the court who granted the judgment to order enforcement. This often arises when a former spouse refuses to transfer property or pay money owed to the other spouse. If you need the assistance of the court to enforce the terms of your judgment, you will want experienced family law attorneys to handle your post-judgment enforcement action and help you receive what you were already granted by the judgment.

Contact The Lawyers At Timko & Lasorsa For Post-Judgment Modifications And Enforcement By Calling 925-951-0972 or send us a email.

Contact Our Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.